Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kids Love Their Mucus

I work with the 2-3 year olds at church and they are constantly bringing me joy when they say hilarious things. A couple months ago, I had a girl lick her tissue after she blew her nose. This week, we upped the ante.

I had a little boy in my class tonight named Rockford. He was kind of chubby, huge eyes as deep as the ocean, and super rosy cheeks. He was adorable. We were sitting there during "small group" and I'm looking at him because he had just wiped his nose on his sleeve and was now licking it like it was a sucker or something. It never even occured to me to get him a tissue. The whole time I was thinking Oh my gosh...kid's love their mucus. This is a really weird innate human behavior. Then he looks up at me with those adorable bigs eyes and says "Can you get me a tissue?" And I was thinking...you don't need one. You've already wiped your nose and removed the evidence!

Oh, kids...they are hilarious.