Saturday, February 7, 2009

Women's Tea!

The Women's Ministry at Anderson puts on a high tea every year. I love it! Each table is hosted by a woman from our community or from the school. She brings her China and decorates a table and then sits with a group of eight girls and shares her own story with us. Each table is decorated for a holiday. I admit...I'm a little choosy about where I sit, but every year I've ended up at the Valentine's day table! This year it was super cute: she put covers on the folding chairs, used gold chargers, and white roses were the centerpiece. Loved this. Here I am with "Mary Chath."

My second choice for tables was cute too...maybe a summer garden theme? That's not a holiday though, so not sure. But here it is:

I always come away from this event very encouraged. You sit with girls you don't know all that well, and it is fun to see that there are so many commonalities and that you can develop relationships that way. There is usually a speaker, but this year they had four women at their own table up front and they miced their conversation. These women were all in their young 30s and told stories about the pivotal point in their lives where God really changed the direction they were going in and refined their character. I was astonished to hear that these women were talking about things that had happened in high school, as young children, or in college...and they were still dealing with the ramifications, and daily surrendering these things for God's glory. I think I tend to think that if I just get through one season of my life and go into the next, I'll be able to move beyond those defining moments. One woman encouraged us that every thing that happens in your life is a part of your story and that story has value and purpose in impacting the world for Christ. A lot to think about...


0 comments: