Friday, March 13, 2009

Six Little Letters

Yesterday I passed my LEED exam. I'm a LEED AP!!! These six little letters represent more than 100 hours of studying, a goal accomplished, and the faithfullness of my God! He did this!

I've been studying for the exam since January, studying for a total of 2 months before taking the exam. Passing it means I'll be able to work on sustainable interior design projects to help achieve LEED certification. Every single day of studying has been a struggle--to be motivated to do it, to understand what I'm learning, and to remember it. I've been asking God almost every day to help me to be committed to this and to help improve my recall. Last weekend, I finished all of my studying and took a practice test. I got a 45%. I was so discouraged. I kept studying and I kept taking practice tests. I got a 46%, 51%, 90% (yay!), and then on the last night before my exam...a 39%. I was so discouraged. I knew that I couldn't pass this test. I prayed about it and it was like the Lord spoke directly to me telling me that (once again!) I needed to trust Him and that He would come through and that HE (not me!) would receive the glory for it. So, I trusted.

My test was at 2:30 yesterday in Greenville off of exit 48. I live at exit 27, so I left with an hour and 45 minutes to get there. That is more than enough time. As I was leaving, I was amazed that I didn't feel nervous at all, I felt an overwhelming peace. At exit 40, I hit stand still traffic and I sat at this exit for an hour and fifteen minutes. There had been a big accident and I didn't even get to start moving from this exit until 2:35. I made it to the test site at 3:00 and asked if they would please let me take the exam. The lady said I could, but I'd have to finish at the same time I was originally scheduled to, 4:30. That shaved an hour off of my allotted test time, and my practice tests told me I needed the full time. I took it anyway. When I finished the exam, I was amazed. I had passed. Glory be to God! I am experiencing what it means to trust Him in a whole new way. I am learning that he cares about these little things in my life!

Headed back to Colorado today for spring break! Please pray for this family.

1 comments:

Hulls Clan

Yay Miss Emmy!!!! God gets the glory...but He has also clearly rewarded your diligence and obedience even when it was tough...so we Praise Him and are soooo proud of you girl. I don't think HE would approve of studying while driving though:)
BTW...here's Scott giving you a high five")