Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gallery Opening!

Our show opened tonight with a really fun reception! We had a great turn out and it was fun to see everyone's work, meet everyone's families, and finally say that it is over!!!!

My mom flew in this morning in time for the opening tonight. I really appreciate having her here, as this feels more important than graduation to me! We're looking forward to a fun weekend!
Several of my friends came out tonight to see my work. I loved having them there. Thanks for keeping me sane over the past four years and forcing me to take breaks! :) And, Lauren...thanks for breaking out the hot glue gun with me and sleeping with the lights on so I could finish projects.The interior design girls and Ms. Martin standing in front of Jena and Erin's hanging space. (Left to right: Marya, Me, Jena, Ms. Martin, Erin, and Tanya). These past four years of hard work would not have been the same (or nearly as fun!) without these girls! I'm going to miss them.

Ms. Martin and I in front of my wall.

Earlier today we had our senior reviews, where we give a 20 minute presentation to the art and interior design faculty and are critiqued for 10 minutes. It went really well and I think everybody did great. It was hilarious when Erin lost her train of thought and said "I'm sorry, I'm just having a brain, uh, a brain toot." It's like she cleaned it up for the jury. Hilarious. We gave her quite a bit of grief for that for the rest of the day. :) Scratch that. Rest of her life. I might post more pictures of this later.