Sunday, May 10, 2009

Catching Up...Graduation Gifts

At Anderson, a primary focus of our interior design studies is learning all of the iconic chairs, who designed them, what period they fit into, and innovations they display. As a result, all of us become hopelessly in love with famous chairs by the time we graduate. In honor of that, I made each of the interior design girls I graduated with her favorite chair embroidered and then placed in a frame that would suggest the materiality of the chair. Now, I realize no one cares about this, but if you were interested in famous chairs, I promise you, you'd fall in love. :)
The Barcelona: Given to Erin. This one was my favorite because it has little buttons at each of the tufts.
The Tulip: Given to Jena. Probably the best reaction I've ever gotten when giving a gift came from her in response to this. :)

The Bergere: Given to Tanya. When I asked everyone what her favorite chair was, I was thinking modern chairs (because they would be way easier to embroider). Tanya wanted this very ornate one...and I cursed her name as I made it. :) Just kidding... In her defense, once she opened it and found out what I had done with her favorite chair she was so apologetic.

The Wishbone: Given to Marya.