Monday, November 2, 2009

Costume Party!

I can't even tell you how long I have wanted to have a costume party on Halloween...I mean, what fun, you know?! So this year, I invited everyone over for a Disney/Pixar themed costume party and it was so fun! I wish I would have gotten pictures of everyone's costumes because people really put together some great ones. Here are a few:




The whole theme started out because the Rentel girls and I wanted to be the Disney princesses...Steph being sleeping beauty because that is most fitting for her. Well, in the end, only Annie and I represented. I'm Snow White. She's Belle.

If you didn't notice, this summer just about every single animal in all of Hollywood was named "Kevin," including the bird from Up. This became kind of a running joke for us throughout the summer and we coined "Kevin" names for everyone: Mean Kevin, Loud Kevin, Soap Kevin, Conviction Kevin, Plan Kevin...and as of Halloween night--Smoke Kevin. I thought Megan's costume was very cute.



Shalynn and me. Shalynn was Cruella deVille from 101 Dalmations. We pretty much resurrected this costume from one my sister wore in elementary school. Look how legit this costume is...this from the girl who called me mid week to see if it would be "really lame" if she didn't come costumed.



By far the BEST couples costumes ever (well...except for one). Dan and Steph were Hook and Tinker Bell and Em and Dave were Peter Pan and Wendy. Cute, cute, cute! A couple of costume highlights...Steph made her own tutu, Dan is wearing a woman's coat, and Emily died that dress herself because she couldn't find one the right color.



My little labor of love for the week before Halloween was making these dwarf costumes. I wanted seven, but while making the costumes, I decided three was actually just fine, thank you! Don't they look like little people!

Trying to recreate the classic pose. How tender.

What a fun night!