Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Mary Chath's" First Quilt aka Aren't We Industrious Women?

My suitemate came back from Thanksgiving eager to learn how to quilt after seeing her aunt's handiworks. I was blessed with a wonderful grandma whose hands made many, many quilts and she really left her legacy. She passed away in October, but not before coaching me through two quilts of my own. For Christmas, I got "Mary Chath" everything she needed to make a little snuggler quilt for her niece, who will be born in April. Look at this industrious woman...
Adorable...kind of like Mary Chath. By the way, Mary Kathryn is her real name...not really sure how the nickname started, but it's pretty awesome, so we keep it. ;-)
P.S. Isn't it sad in her room without all of Ashley's stuff in there?!

0 comments: