Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Prayers for the New Year

Here's what I'm praying for myself in the coming year:
  • To destroy my perception of Christ, that I would believe Him for who He is, not who I've made Him to be and that I would always put Christ before Christianity.
  • That I would see people as Jesus does and that my heart would break for the lost.
  • That I would gain a vision for my future post graduation (in May) and that I would believe Him for provision wherever He has me (job, church body, friendships, meaningful relationships with co-workers, etc)
  • To be reminded of where I was when Christ found me and be compelled by His grace to love others.
  • For boldness to confess God's goodness with my lips to my family. That I would use my lips for good and not for evil.
  • That I would fall in love afresh with God's word and that, in that, I would be able to discern His voice.
  • That I would draw nearer to Christ completing His good work in me and that I would be satisfied in Him.

It would be a privilege to pray for you as well, just let me know how I might do that!

0 comments: