Monday, January 12, 2009

On My Mind...

I'm developing a habit of keeping a stack of index cards with verses pertaining to whatever is on my mind during a certain "season" of my life. During this season, I'm trying hard to trust that God has a plan for my future, but not knowing what that plan is is absolutely wearing on my mind. I'm convinced that if I will replace my own thoughts with God's truth, I'll believe Him and His promises more. So, here's a few verses from my stack that I am absolutely wearing out:
  • O, LORD God Almighty! Where is there anyone as mighty as you, LORD? Faithfulness is your very character. Psalm 89:8

I can cry out "no one!" to that question. As I look back, I can remember the Lord's faithfulness and I know that He will be faithful once again.

  • This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety: he is my God and I am trusting him. Psalm 91:2
  • The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6b

I can be certain that wherever God has me in the future, He is already there, preparing the way for me.