Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Them

Joya, Ashley, and I all got together for Valentine's day...and it was so much fun. Here's what happened.

I decided to spiral curl my hair. I did it in 8 layers and hair sprayed it before, during, and after each layer. That's 24 layers of hair spray. That should hold.

We decided to go where everyone else was going for dinner...Greenville...without a reservation. So, by the time we got to the restaurant, the hair was not so "presh." See:
Dangit. Then we sat outside in the freezing cold weather because there was no room inside and we had to wait an hour (which was about 3 hours less than the other 12 places we called...)

As you can see, I decided to wear that zebra dress out...and so did Joya. :) So our dinner was amazing and we had wine, which was a fun new thing to do (I'd never had it with food!). Then we went to the movie New In Town, which by the way is a HILARIOUS movie that I will buy (and I don't buy movies), so you should see it. Then, inspired by the movie I talked in a Minnesota meets Penelope accent almost the whole way home. As you can imagine, everyone loved that. ;)


I had made us chocolate mousse to have at Ashley's apartment. Shh...it's a lot healthier than regular mousse--it's made with tofu and no cream, except for the dollop on top. :)


And then, Joya and I drove home in really bad fog with 25' visability. It was really sketchy, and I wished we had just stayed at Ashley's!

This was one of those nights where you're just glad that you're exactly where you are and you don't want it to end! I have great friends all over this country! Love them.



0 comments: