Sunday, March 1, 2009

Esodus

I've talked on here about my use of a set of spiral bound index cards to keep verses full of Truth at my finger tips. I have been amazed at how God has shown himself faithful to use this to replace lies and strongholds in my life and to propel my prayer life. Recently, I was inspired to take this to the next level with Beth Moore's post here. In her post, she challenges her readers to join with her and commit to memorizing a verse on the 1st and 15th of each month and to pray that God would lead you to memorize specific scriptures that He would want to prioritize in your life. So, I'm a little late in getting on this band wagon, but I'm planning to memorize this verse for the next 15 days:

"Let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting Him. For our evil consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise." Hebrews 10:22-23 (NLT)

Boy, is God working on my heart to trust Him right now! No real prospects as far as jobs go, but God has been reminding me day after day of just how faithful He is, and His peace has not left me that He WILL provide. Today we start a new series for the 2s and 3s at church on trusting God. Timely for me too! Faith like a child, right?! More on this journey later...

Hoping for snow tonight!

0 comments: