Monday, April 20, 2009

Charleston

I visited Charleston this weekend for my first time. What an inspiring, breathtaking city. I literally had my eyes scouting around looking at all of the architecture the whole time. My mom kept getting onto me about filling up the whole camera with pictures of architecture instead of people. What can I say, I'm a designer. :) Here's a few pictures that inspired me:
I love modillions more than anyone else you know, I promise. So glad that people had such a dedication to the craft that they could do this without machinery! Usually in this style, you see white woodwork with red brick. I appreciated the fresh interpretation in Charleston of bold colors with stark white. Beautiful.

This picture doesn't do a great job, but this door was a bright, red-orange. I love the classicism of the architecture juxtaposed with such a vibrant colored door.

The iron work in Charleston was exquisite. I love it all. And, I loved the putty color of this gate.

0 comments: