Saturday, April 25, 2009

So This is College...

About a month ago my friends found out that I'd never been to Waffle House before and they said that that HAD to change before I left the South. So, I put it on the list of things to do before graduating, and here we are.
Mary Kathryn couldn't come because her little niece was just born today, but she told me I needed to make sure I got a hat. My head is enormous and the hat didn't fit very well. Next week, I'll be wearing another hat that won't fit very well. Crazy.
I know this isn't attractive, but it's a good example of how unfamiliar I am with Waffle House culture. I ordered a water with lemon. My friends make fun of me a good bit because my inflection is pretty distinct compared to their little southern twangs, so they were all over this. Oh well. The waitress got a good laugh out of it and they explained to her that I was "visiting from Colorado." Four year visit, huh? I've kind of overstayed my welcome.
Post waffle with Ashley. I got a chocolate chip waffle. It was pretty good. This place is really cheap. I must say that whenever we've driven by, it always looked really smoky. That's why I wore something that I didn't care if it smelled like smoke when I left. Not a single person was working on their lung cancer though...

Sweet little Joya in her adorable top. Need one of those. Thanks for treating, Joya! By the way, you can see we chose the best seat in the house...right by the bathroom. Pretty classy place.

2 comments:

steve

I laughed at your first picture. You just look so excited w/ your hat on in front of the Waffle House. Have a great week finishing up your classes and look forward to seeing you this weekend!!!

Hulls Clan

Only YOU would think about waffle house wear and what it may smell like when you got home:) You crack me up, I think I may say that very phrase nearly everytime I leave you a comment! So very excited to see you next weekend. BTW, i changed our res. to stay for two nights. Love ya, Anne