Sunday, May 3, 2009

Louis and Clark, Take Two

Megan and I started out on our journey back to Colorado this morning. Today we made it 592 miles today and are staying in Mount Vernon, IL. Some great moments of the day:

11am: Left church with iced carmel "matchiados" (that's what my mom said).
This is my dad showing us the route on the map...something that neither me nor Megan paid much attention to. Within oh, about 2 seconds, we were going in the opposite direction my dad had suggested. Whoops. We followed our trusty GPS, hereafter called Gigi. :)
Entering "Hot Georgier."

2pm First Stop: Spicy Chicken Sandwiches at Wendy's, just outside of Tennessee

Highlights:

1. A bathroom that smelled like a barn. Really?

2. A mom who changed her child's diaper by laying him directly on the stall floor. Vom.

3. Me, tossing my cookies, as a result.

4. Now at Wendy's you can add flavor to your drink. I love calories. Two pumps, please.

Crossing into Tennessee.
Crossing into Kentucky.
Megan may or may not have said "We need to go there!" when we saw this one.This is how much fun Megan had...studying.
We were packed in pretty tightly with very little visibility.

My alumni sticker needed to go on now that its official.
Yay.
There's a first time for everything. Here's a little consequence for my speeding sin. Crossing into...Illinois?!
We had just gone over a bridge for the Ohio River so we assumed...given our extensive knowledge of geography...that we were going to enter Ohio. So, we were so surprised, we hardly even got the Illinois sign!So, we went back.
Fazolis called my name for the whole afternoon, so we went there and slurped some spagetti.
We had a little bit of anxiety about where we should stay and we had some criteria: hot tub, pool, breakfast, cute, and...oh yes, safe.
Pretty cute, I think.

2 comments:

Hulls Clan

ohhh, I have ten comments but Ben is crying so I'll tell ya later!

steve

Too bad tickets are so expensive because they really add to the adventure!!