Saturday, May 2, 2009

Graduate from College...Check.

It hit me today as I sat with the other graduates and watched the ceremony...I never thought I'd get here. I guess I had always been expected to go to college, and maybe even to do well, but I think there have been so many times when I just didn't think I could do it for one more hour that I never thought I'd actually complete four years of school. Now I see how people can get their masters or their doctorate. I thought once I got my bachelors, I'd feel like I knew it all. I don't, so I have a feeling more education is in my not so distant future. We'll see.
Graduation wasn't nostalgic or a big defining moment or anything. It was weird how everyone got emotional and sentimental, and I just kind of graduated and didn't feel anything. I'm one of those non-emotional people who wishes I were emotional at times like these. It seems fitting, but it never seems to happen. I shed one single tear at the cermony. It was pathetic.

The ceremony was great and I love, love, loved the fanfare of the event. I was so thankful for beautiful weather and the beautiful landscaping.
Here's the white horse that led us in.
The money shot if you ask me. Ms. Martin carrying in the School of Interior Design banner.

"Processing."

Receiving my diploma sans handshake because of swine flu. As you can see I weigh 500 pounds with this gown on. I had a huge breakfast.
After graduation. I got Denmark Society (yay!) and that's my diploma.


I have my diploma, but...can I have my friends back? This was really hard. I wept when I had to say bye!

The Parents...matching.


This would be even harder if I didn't have friends like Megan and the other Rentel sisters to return to!

My aunt, uncle and cousins who came for graduation!

0 comments: